|SNIPPETS OF INFORMATION |
Arupadai Veedu - The six most important temples of Lord Muruga
1. Palani near Madurai - Dhandayutapani
2. Pazhamudircholai near Alagar Koyil near Madurai - Solaimalai Murugan
3. Swamimalai - Swaminathanaswamy
4. Tiruttani near Tirupati and Chennai - Bala Subramanya Swami
5. Tirupparamkunram near Madurai - Subramanyaswami
6. Tiruchendur - Bala Subramanya Swami and Senthilandavar.
Chanting the namam MURUGA will give the results of praying to six Gods.
MU stands for Mukundan - Vishnu, RU for Rudran, Siva and GA for Brahma.
Since Lakshmi resides in Vishnu's heart, Sakthi in SIva's left half and
Sarasvati in Brahma's tongue, by chanting the MURUGA namam, we are
actually praying to all these Gods.